Choosy.ie offer with Iberdrola

cmalone

I see Independent newspaper group are promoting choosy.ie comparison website. Currently it has only home energy and is saying Iberdrola is the cheapest for dual fuel by over 300 euro. Can anyone explain ... as I was looking at the One Big Switch current offer to stay with Bord Gais which has free Hive/ light bulbs etc

Depends what's of value to you? I use money guide ireland for comparison and there's not much between them, certainly not €300....sounds a bit skewed to me....

Agreed - one big switch gives ‘free’ products and the other gives actual discount

FWIW I would never go back to a heating system without a smart thermostat. Once you realise the convenience of just setting the temperature you want your house to be at and no longer having to tweak an old heating timer or flick it on and off every hour or two, you'll wonder what kind of barbaric life you were once living :). You also get the ability to flick the heating on as you drive home or turn the hot water on your way back from the gym. You (arguably) spend less on heating bills as well, because rather than being in a cycle of letting the house get too cold, then overheating it over-and-over, the thermostat will not let it get too cold and will never overheat it.

The Hive costs about 200 Euro and it looks like BG are including installation which is surely worth a couple of hundred quid as well. Not sure if they'll add the required electronic valves etc. in that, but I guess somebody who has already taken up the offer can confirm.

Short version: I'd be taking the Hive offer over 300 Euro discount as it seems like a cheap way to get a smart thermostat which will significantly improve the comfort of your home.

The Facebook comments on Iberdrola adverts aren't very complimentary - problems contacting customer service and late and incorrect billing seem to be the main complaints.

Thanks for feedback - has the hive a connection installation fee/ongoing annual fee?

I'm not aware of an annual/monthly fee for Hive. I actually went with Nest, and there certainly isn't with the Nest thermostat.

I am re reading the One Big Switch offer. It’s only ‘hive’ related products. Not the heating control system

Back