Child locks for windows

D

DaveF

Folks I'm looking for child safety locks for the windows so that we can still open windows but not enough for toddlers to get/fall out!.. Would any of you know where I can purchase them online at a good price. I have looked at the major DIY stores and I couldn't find anything suitable.
Thanks

(topic title edited for clarity)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Calling all parents!!!!!!

Is this a limiting chain you need? Brother has them, the window opens from the bottom out and there is a 6 inch chain which prevents the windows opening any futher. You could try [broken link removed] as they have a fairly good discussion forum.

What type of windows do you have if they are fairly new PVC windows chances are that you can open the window slightly and still pull down the handle and push in the button to lock it.

Check to see if there are two receivers on the window frame if there are then this is possible, also very handy if you're leaving the house for a while as the window is still locked but allows air to circulate around the room.
Ahhh spring freshness...Good Luck :)

They are teak windows. I got Yale Window Ventilation Locks at €28 for 2 at B&Q... Couldnt get them cheaper online

Back