checking for mortgage interest relief

vanman

hi all,
this is gonna sound a very silly question. but how do i know for certain if i am receiving my mortgage interest relief. should it appear on my bank statements for my current account or elsewhere???
any advice welcome.....

sorry if this was already covered........

On current account statement (or account where mortgage is being paid from) as automated credit TRS or something along those lines.

I get the same sort of thing, if I check my bank statements I can see the mortgage go out with IIB and then a deposit made for the relief.

ad

You won't necessarily see it on your current account statement - I know I don't. I just see the amount less TRS coming out monthly (PTSB mortgage). You should see it on your mortgage statement, or plug in your figures here to get the repayment amount before TRS, and check whether this is different to what is actually coming out.

I had the same question. I rang the mortgage section of my bank and they were able to confirm what my repayments were, and what my applied relief was. Ulster Bank only sends out mortgage statements once a year so you need to ring them (and perhaps other banks?) in order to get the clear picture. Also Revenue should have sent you a letter after you applied for TRS to tell you what amount of relief you were entitled to.

Back