Cheapest petrol

I

Iano

It's been a long time since I saw petrol below 90c per litre. But I filled up today in Texaco on Clonkeen Road in Deansgrange (just off the N11 at Dunnes Cornelscourt) at 89.9c per litre.

I hope every other petrol station takes note because there were queues at every pump - simple proof of the basic laws of economics - if you reduce the price, demand goes up.

petrol prices

Newbridge in Kildare is very competitive at the moment. Today, unleaded petrol was on sale for 85.7 at one station; 86.7 in a couple of others.

Outlets were quick to put up prices but are noticeably slower in reducing them. Today I also saw prices still at 99.9. If ever there was a time to shop around, it is now.

Texaco in general seem to be reducing their prices. Texaco at Cranley Centre, Naas Road currently 88.9c where al lot of the other garages around there 97.9c!

I think diesel is 91.9c.

[broken link removed]

Texaco on the seafront road between raheny and sutton (bottom of the kilbarrack rd.) was at 88.9c the other night ... previously best available northside was Tesco @ Clearwater/Clarehall with I think 92.9 ... not sure what they are charging now.

Statoil in Coolmine were charging 99.9c for petrol and 102.9 for diesel at the weekend. Excuse the ignorance, but why would diesel be dearer?

diesel dearer...

diesel is occasionally dearer than petrol, they are 2 completely different products and the prices depend on the market for both.

Saw petrol for 88.9 the other day in both Texaco garages in clonmel, co. tipperary

It's been a long time since I saw petrol below 90c per litre. But I filled up today in Texaco on Clonkeen Road in Deansgrange (just off the N11 at Dunnes Cornelscourt) at 89.9c per litre.

Yes, they have been the first (on the Southside) to reduce prices consistently over the past 2 months - they were the first to go to 93.9 and now the first to break the 90c barried again in the right direction this time.

Texaco in general seem to be reducing their prices
Seems to totally depend on the greed of the garage owners - given that, presumably, the entire group gets the petrol etc. at the same rates.

After filling up in Clonkeen rd at 89.9, I noticed 96.9 in another Texaco around the corner on the way to Blackrock, and the one on the Rock road near the Merrion Gates is the same or even higher.

I also use www.irishfuelprices.com to shop around.

That's good to know since I'll be passing by Deansgrange later on and need to get petrol anyway. I usually go to the Maxol in Harold's Cross who have consistently been one of the lowest priced. Was 93.9 last week there - don't know if they've put it down since then.

Statoil Coolmine

That statoil in Coolmine is always the most expensive in the area for petrol and they also put ads in the press for all their second hand cars with no prices - which is really annoying!

prices

Janet

The Maxol in Harolds Cross was 88.8 this morning.

Re: prices

border area so no bargains. my observations is that it takes a long and sustained drop in oil prices to trickle down to the consumer but two nano seconds to go back up.Petrol in Dundalk last week varied from 99.9 to 92.9 but I see now a number of garages have raised this to 94.9 again. home heating oil in culloville last week was 33.9 ( down from 42.9 a few weeks ago) but back up to 36.9 yesterday. So same rules apply in norn iron.

Back