Cheapest Executive Pension in Terms of Management Fees with Stock Market Tracking?

S

supermario

Hi Guys,

I've recently set up an executive pension with Standard Life.

There is a management fee of 0.75% and access to their funds (the ones with higher management fees involve an additional %)

I've gone for an option with no exit penalties as I was in a bit of a hurry to get the pension set up and was not sure it was the best option (it's an area I know nothing about)

I'm quite wary of managed funds, mainly due to their high % fees and not particularly stellar results.

Looking at a lot of Standard Life's funds the passive ones seem to have performed at least as well in the last 5-10 years so the extra % may not be getting you much.

What I'm looking for is advice on the pension option that has the lowest management fees and access to some kind of very cheap stock market tracking funds (perhaps ETFs)

I'd probably want to divide the pension into a mix of deposit and equities for the moment, this may change to more equities in the future but for the moment with the equity market so turbulent and with 5%+ interest available on deposit I'd at least like to put a chunk of money into this for the next 3-5 years.

Source and Standard Life both have access to the same EBS deposit offering, the only difference being 0.75% management charge with Standard Life and 0.5% with Source.

Source also have access to cheap Blackrock funds for as little as 0.12% but I can't find out too much about them or their performance.

As I say I'd like the idea of really basic products that just tracked the S&P 500, FTSE 100 etc with as low fees as possible so if anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate it.

I'm wary of funds aiming to "beat" the market, I'm just looking to be in the market with as low fees as possible and over time (I have 20-30 years to retirement) I think this will probably yield the best results.

Any advice would be much appreciated, as I say I know nothing about this stuff and it's proving really difficult to get accurate info/advice!

Thanks

Back