Cheapest Electricity Supplier

Better to punish them by actually moving to Yuno.
Their strategy is to undercut the new competition, until the competition leaves.
Then go back to lower discounts.

I live alone & don't watch that much tv, so I really don't consume that much. Its a very similar level of consumption to what I used when I lived in a small 1 bedroomed apartment. I have to use an immersion heater for hot water so I upgraded the (also broken) immersion timer to a modern digital equivalent & it suggests I consume around 50-60kwh per month on that alone.
LED telly's use bugger all leccy.

Better to punish them by actually moving to Yuno.
Their strategy is to undercut the new competition, until the competition leaves.
Then go back to lower discounts.
I'd love to, but on top of the slightly cheaper cost PTSB give me 2% back on my bill so it was a saving of around 50 euro or so overall. I had meter issues too, so was nervous about switching supplier as ESBN are making an absolute dogs dinner of my readings.

Just submit your meter readings online monthly or at whatever frequency suits you?
I did but they rejected them! They came up with wild estimates and I spotted ESBN readers coming in several times and their readings also were rejected. So they they came up with insanely wild estimates that suggested I was using about double the amount. So after about 6 months of this I persevered over the phone and sending photos of the meters with the days newspapers etc and after about 3 weeks of phone calls they got it right.
Still don't see any ESBN readings (though I do see readers come and go) but they accept my readings and I ended up in credit for about 5 months from all the overcharging.

Last edited:
It might suit a lot of people, but has quite a high standing charge, its circa €100 higher annually, than several other tariffs. Flo gas also has one of the lower export rates of 20 cent inc vat, up to 25 cent is available from other suppliers. so may not suit those with high solar PV export.

Has anyone else come across energypal.ie yet?

It allows you to use your own electricity consumption data (which you download from ESB Networks) to cross-check against the plans available from various energy providers. Very effective once setup as it removes the guess-work.

For anyone out of contract with your current provider, if you decide to stay make sure to ask them to backdate any new deal.

I had to do this for a relative recently and they backdated the new discount by 4 months.

Has anyone else come across energypal.ie yet?

It allows you to use your own electricity consumption data (which you download from ESB Networks) to cross-check against the plans available from various energy providers. Very effective once setup as it removes the guess-work.

Its been discussed for many months on AAM, see this post and thread where the owner of the site was discussed and his appearance on Prime Time last week.

Back