VHI Cheaper plan than PMI4316.

Up Rovers

Hi,

Its that time of year again when we all start looking at our expensive health insurance so I'm wondering if there is any advice for me about PMI4316 with VHI for 3 adults, 1 26 year old and 2 in 60s. Renewal in January.

We switched last year so not sure if it is a good idea to switch again. As usual we would prefer to stay with VHI. This was my thread last year in case its of any relevance
https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/cheaper-plan-than-pmi3613-with-vhi.201864/

Thanks for any advice in advance.

The only VHI alternative to PMI 43 16 is VHI PMI 44 16, price 1102pa.
Note; The main differences are dropping day to day cover, day case hospital excess is 150 compared to 50, extra cover on 44 16 to include full cover for a private room in a private hospital.

[broken link removed]

Unless there are any new plans coming out for January 2018, which will be shown on the HIA website from December.

Snowyb

I am also on PMI 4316 which is up for renewal at the end of January. I'm happy enough with the plan even though the annual premium has increased by about €40.

I find the HIA website awkward to navigate so besides PMI 4416 which snowyb mentions above, have any similar (but cheaper!) policies come on stream since December?

Unless there are any new plans coming out for January 2018, which will be shown on the HIA website from December.

Snowyb

Hi snowyb,

I rang VHI and they said that as we are getting great value on PMI4316 there is nothing cheaper. I also had a look at the HIA site but not impressed with PMI4416. Just wondering am I missing anything or is 4316 probably the best?

Thanks,

S.E.

Sue Ellen, Steelstown, Up Rovers,

VHI PMI 43 16 is best value with VHI at the moment, no cheaper plans released since.
Unless you might need hip or knee replacement surgery in a private hospital, then Laya Simply Connect would be better value, same price as
PMI 43 16.

NOTE; There are changes applied to PMI 43 16 day to day cover from 31 December 2017, instead of gp visits 25 x 12visits, there is now a
50% refund with unlimited visits. Same applies to consultant visits etc.
Full details on the following link;
https://www.hia.ie/news/vhi-benefit-changes-31122017-and-01012018

Regards, Snowyb

Hi snowyb,

Thanks very much for the reply, very informative as usual. Interesting to note the changes in the day to day so will go back over them with magnifying glass this time :) I think someone had mentioned elsewhere on AAM that these changes are a bit sneaky as change in cover not pointed out like days of old. Even on ringing the change in cover was not pointed out.

S.E.

Back