cheap energy saving bulbs from ALDI

H

heinbloed

ALDI has a special offer at 28/10/04:Energy saving bulbs for €2.99 each.8000 hours live time,that is a more than 300% better buy than the ones from PHILLIPS.
ireland.aldi.com/

Thanks for the tip Heinbloed,

Have you noticed that Aldis seem to be popping up all over the place including some fairly small towns?

ajapale

If you're going there for the bulbs, then see [broken link removed] for some Aldi wine reviews for those of us stocking up for a certain winter solstice celebration, the name of which should not be mentioned for another month...

.. speaking of which ..anyone ever notice that the level of light starts to deteriorate from energy saving bulbs over a period of time....(or are my eyes beingging to fail me... :rollin

ESLB's

Does anyone find the energy saving light bulbs to be ugly? Is it possible to get light fittings shades etc that look well and suit the eslb's?
ajapale

Re: ESLB's

...course it is. Look for long, skinny things. You can get quite nice frosted-glass ones in good ol' Roches Stores. Main thing is to hide the (assuredly ugly) things...

Otherwise, Philips do a range of "Softone" CFL bulbs that look like a normal bulb, only a mite bigger. But they're expensive...

Oh, yeah, and don't waste your time looking for aspirin in the jungle.

Paracetemol... :rollin

[sorry, wrong forum, I know...]

Dr. M :D

Back