Chartered Accountants & CPA Merger

So ACCA only get a certain number of exemptions. I assume that CPAs from say USA would get a few, or ICAEW members etc. Probably Irish tax exams, that would be a minimum I guess. And I think across the eu there are ways to move around.

Anyway it’s all water under the bridge now.

The next stage seems to be to tidy up the by laws now and physically move a few people, they are probably all wfh these days anyway. All the courses seem to be online anyway. Judging by my emails about cpd.

I am actually more concerned about the changes AI is bringing to the profession and the pressure that many small to medium businesses are under.
Some consider AI to be merely a buzzword, drawing parallels to past phenomena like the Y2K scare. Back then, Y2K was the term everyone needed to understand, though few grasped its implications fully. As an auditor, we capitalized on the frenzy, making significant profits. But what came of Y2K? Despite widespread fears of system failures, the transition to the year 2000 largely occurred without major disruptions. AI, like Y2K, may be subject to hype, but it represents a significant technological advancement with real-world applications across industries. It's crucial to approach discussions about AI with a balanced understanding of its capabilities and limitations.

I've noticed that the term 'AI' is frequently used, but often without a thorough explanation of what it truly means to Accountants. It's important not to sensationalize or exaggerate its significance. Rather than spreading fear, let's strive for clarity and understanding.

Members of both institutes agreed to merge.

Is it with CAI members that you have now have an issue with?

That decision has already been made by members.

That race already has been run
You're just cheerleading instead of providing discussion points, while a few others here are bringing up points that allow us to ponder. Even if the two institutes have agreed to merge, it doesn't mean we cannot discuss the merits or lack thereof.

Members of both institutes already approved the proposal to merge—the resolution on the 17th plays that forward.

I was talking recently with people working in education, law & accountancy recently & change is inevitable in all sectors.

I think recent engagement by the Institutes has to be welcomed & the debate on this forum is worthwhile.

I am very confident that our profession can adapt & deliver going forward.

You've already repeated this enough times that it reads like spam generated by an AI-powered bot.

There's no point in bothering to engage with suchlike.

Institute members have already voted on a merger - there is no point of regurgitating that again. The board and members supported the merger.

The vote on the 17tb is on a resolution that plays that forward

Members of the institute have seen the benefits of merging and voted accordingly.

I believe merging is of both in the interest of both the profession from a financial and organisation viewpoint.

But let's discuss the resolution that is actually being put to members.

Members of both institutes already approved the proposal to merge

AI is a massive threat to the industry and this merger can only serve to protect avis t that threat.