Charge from estate agent for re-drawing contracts - advice needed

tweety76

Hi All,

I would like your advice on the following.

I own a property that has been rented to tenants for 1 yr, they are keeping on the property for a second year. Good news.

Originally it was advertised through a well known estate agent, the estate agent wants to charge us a fee for drawing up the new contracts for yr 2. They dont provide an official management service, but have worked as a middle man on occasion contacting tenants on our behalf.

What am I paying the fee for, is it purely for the paperwork to draw up new contracts, would I just be better drawing up contracts myself and getting tenants to sign? Can I challenge the estate agent on how much they wish to charge , 200 euro for re drawing of contracts?

any advice appreciated.

I have had a similiar experience. I just made an amendment(revised dates) to the contract and got the tenant to sign.

I did not and would not entertain paying an agent €200 for updating the contract, unless you where out of the country etc.

The agent should not take offence as they will want to get commission when you need to find another tenant.

Back