Changing Mortgage from Joint to Single

Honda

I was speaking to a broker today and found the answer to my question about removing my brother from the mortgage. He wants to get out of the house to travel abroad. Here are the details:

House value - €275
Mortgage - €259

Tracker ECB + 0.9%.

The broker told me I can remove my brother from the mortgage and the same likewise with the deeds. The bank would of course need to approve my application as the sole mortgage holder. I have €60k in savings and a good job so it shouldn't (hopefully) be a problem. I know there will be capital gains issues but I have already talked to a solicitor about this.

I rang Perm TSB and they told me I need to fill in the following forms:

[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

I downloaded the forms and they are quite confusing for someone not quite used of it.

I was wondering if anyone could help me by maybe filling in the forms with some sample data etc.. like Joe Bloggs

Maybe I need to go to a Perm TSB branch for help??

Any help greatly appreciated

They're standardised formats that seem designed for solicitors to use.

The first questions (to work out which one to use) are;
Is the title to the property registered in the Land Registry of Registry of Deeds?
Is the title to the property freehold or leasehold?

They're standardised formats that seem designed for solicitors to use.

The first questions (to work out which one to use) are;
Is the title to the property registered in the Land Registry of Registry of Deeds?
Is the title to the property freehold or leasehold?

Recommend going to a solicitor to speed up the process?

You could do it yourself, but for peace of mind and speed, you might be better off going to a solicitor. There are other issues such as stamp duty, and the Family Law Acts that you'd be better off getting right.

Shop about for a solicitor though. The price can vary.

What documentation would I need when changing the mortgage from joint to single?

Pay Slips
Savings Statements
Salary Cert
House Valuation
P60

Anything else?

I agree that you need a solicitor to change the deeds and mortgage but you do not need one until you know a bank will approve you to change. If you were happy with the services of the solicitor with whom you purchased the house that why not go there?

I agree that you need a solicitor to change the deeds and mortgage but you do not need one until you know a bank will approve you to change. If you were happy with the services of the solicitor with whom you purchased the house that why not go there?

Yeah but these forms not to be filled in for the application to be approved.

Back