Changing Estate Agents!

Samson26

Hi,

if you change EA's do you need to still pay them as the one my brother is with is terrible and he'd like to get somebody else!

Thanks for any help given

It depends on the estate agent and what was agreed before your brother went ahead and hired the estate agent. Normally some dont charge advertising but most if not all charge if your brothers house went on myhome.ie....

If this is the case when he changes estate agents he doesnt have to pay myhome.ie again.

Your brother needs to check what "Terms & Conditions of Agency" he signed with his Estate Agent.
At the very least, he can expect to pay for any marketing expenses incurred on his behalf.
Also there is a possibility that he will be liable to pay both his new Estate Agent and his old Estate Agent a percentage of the sales consideration acheived as many Estate Agents also insert a clause in their terms to this effect.
If he is dissatisfied with his Estate Agent, then he should express it directly to his agent and tell him that he is considering dispensing with his services. Perhaps this might give him the jolt he needs to improve his service.

Thanks for your replies I will pass on what ye said - why is selling a house soooo stressful!

Thanks again:)

Not as stressful as buying one, I can tell you that from current experience. ;) I found my estate agent here - [broken link removed]

Back