Changes to savings rates

oldtimer

Under 'Regular Saver accounts' EBS is reduced from 5.75% to 5.25% (ECB + 3.25% until 1st June 2009).

Re: Fixed Term Lump Sum Deposits

Hi oldtimer, Please post these updates in the savings forum, as they don't related to the fixed rate best buys.

EBS (and AIB) regular savers have a minimum rate guarantee, but they don't always track the ECB directly. If and when they reduce the rate on their website (I expect they will), I'll update the best buys. In contrast IN track the ECB so I've already updated that.

Re: Fixed Term Lump Sum Deposits

Sorry, wasn't sure how to notify of changes and corrections. It is easy to notify of changes to 'fixed term accounts' but 'lump sum accounts' and 'regular savers accounts' are closed. Before notifying any changes on AAM I double check the institutions official website first, thus my notification of the 5.25% following confirmation on EBS website.

Well then it's EBS you should be asking to update their [broken link removed] site as the [broken link removed] the best buys links to still has the old rate (sorry, don't mean to sound ungrateful - please do continue to point out out-of-date info!).

As to some of the best buy threads being closed, that's to prevent the thread being polluted with people asking general questions. Also because some people posted "updated" rates which turned out to be incorrect (for example many are unaware that ECB changes do not take effect immediately.).

Thanks Mugsgame. I cannot find the ''product page'' you mention above anywhere on the official EBS website. The only pages I see refer to 5.25%. Could I respectfully ask would the site on the 'Best buys' page be out of date? Correct me if I am wrong and thanks for explaining the other issues.

Thanks Mugsgame. I cannot find the ''product page'' you mention above anywhere on the official EBS website. The only pages I see refer to 5.25%. Could I respectfully ask would the site on the 'Best buys' page be out of date? Correct me if I am wrong and thanks for explaining the other issues.

Hi Oldtimer
No the EBS website does not seem to link to this page anymore, however type 'ebs regular savings plan' into google and its the 2nd hit (after ask about money!). So to agree with MugsGame, EBS's website is inconsistant. This link should have been removed.

They seem to renamed this account from 'ebs regular savings plan' to "Optimise Flexible Savings Plan rate" at some stage which lead to confusion.

i have several savings accounts with various banks here and i must say it's shocking to see so many of them slashing rates. every account i have has been affected. for example, ptsb was at 6% when i applied. less than a month later the rate came down. it didn't stop there though. it has come down again. i wouldn't mind but when you add up all the cuts you really notice it.

i have several savings accounts with various banks here and i must say it's shocking to see so many of them slashing rates. every account i have has been affected. for example, ptsb was at 6% when i applied. less than a month later the rate came down. it didn't stop there though. it has come down again. i wouldn't mind but when you add up all the cuts you really notice it.

That why I want to fixed rate saver for one year, already fixed some with Investec at 6.5%, should have fixed all.

Yeah and will keep dropping too probably. Thats why I want to fix rate saver for one year, mabey Anglo Irish I think. Fixed for 1 year with Investec at 6.5%, should have put all money to it.

Advertisement in newspapers yesterday, Monday. I think effective from to-morrow Wednesday.

Back