Changes to 3 PAYG Plan

RichInSpirit

I was on a PAYG plan with 3 where you top up by €20 in one go, they take €10 and you get unlimited calls to Irish mobiles and landlines for 28 days.
It used to be 30 days but they changed it a little while ago.

My problem is I topped up about 4 days ago by €20 and they didn't take the €10 and I didn't notice. And now tge whole €20 is used up in 4 days.

Anyone else have any issues with these plans ?

Have you logged into My Three to see the details of your current plan? What was the €20 used up with?

I haven't logged into My 3 or O2 for 6 to 8 years, I wouldn't know how to do it now.
Money went on phone calls etc. I assume i'm on 40 cents a Minute outside of my plan plus I was also paying seperate for texts.

I assume they have me kicked off my plan as it's uneconomic for them, like the tracker mortgages and the banks.
Day off today, thinking of picketing my local 3 store.

By way of comparison... I think the Vodafone €20 PAYG plan covers free calls to Vodafone calls only.
You need to be paying €30 a month to get free calls to all networks.

Last edited:
Update - visited 3 store, and they looked at my number. €10 was taken and plan activated. Over €6 was taken by data trying to receive a multimedia message. And a couple of euro in texts.
Got the multimedia texts auto rejected on the phone fronm now on.
Sorry 3 for doubting you.

I have had the same issue. Using a 3 pay as you go for the last couple of days. Put 20 euro on this time yesterday. Advised by guy in shop to turn off mobile data as I had already topped up the day before. Now I am down to 20 cents credit. Made a couple of short calls today one long one about 30 minutes to an 087. Probably sent around 20 texts also. Credit gone. Is this normal ?

Back