Other Change to premium charge during term of insurance

Seesee

My insurer notified me today that due to an increase in the government levy by 2% my premium would be going up from next month. I took out the policy in February and I pay by dd every month. When I renewed the policy in February the premium price was as agreed on my document. Is my insurance company entitled to pass on the government increase halfway through my policy, do they not have to wait until I renew again in February to pass it on. It's a small amount but I just want to know are they entitled to do it.
thanks, Seesee

Nope. The levy should applied from February. Think someone is trying to fool you! what type of policy is it?

It's pet insurance. I thought it was incorrect to be honest. Any idea where I can quote from to back this up?
thanks

No. The correct levy should have applied from the start of the policy. If they charged the incorrect levy that is your insurers problem. They offered the policy at a certain price and you accepted at that price. Check your policy schedule where it gives the premium and see what it says they levy applied is.

Back