Change since Means Test for UA

aislingkelly

I am just wondering if anybody can tell mewhere I stand in this situation? I am receiving 48euro per week UA as I was accessed on the spouse earning's. I am now single and have nothing at all coming in only the 48euro which is impossible to live on. I used to live with him but I now live with an aunt of mine. Should I be means tested again now that I no longer have a partner or what should my next step be.

According to this:
Local Office policy will determine whether a means review is to be carried out due to change in circumstances.
You should probably contact them and explain your change in circumstances and ask them if you need to be assessed again and if you might be entitled to more.

get in there quickly!. You are entitled to ask to have your means reviewed when your circumstances change. You'll need proof that your partner is gone as they have to know that your not trying it on just to get more money. also, if you need more money in meantime, you should go to your local Community welfare Officer, who should top up your money until the results of the SW review come in.

Good luck. If you are entitled to more then I'm sure that you will get it.

Yes. You'll probably need proof of address to prove you've moved away and explain the situation to them. They should give you the full whack.

Still not a lot though, you'd be better off with a job, a full time one would hopefully open up the doors to better things, even though it doesn't look like much more to start.

Thanks I went into the ofice today and they just said I had to prove my address and also get a letter off the person I am living with to confirm same which isnt a problem so I got that into them and they said that someone will call out to me again to assess me so fingers crossed.Welfarite what do u mean when u say I will have to prove my partner is gone,how can i do that,just address is it?

Yeah, that's why they asked for that stuff you gave them. You should get sorted now quickly. Good luck!

Back