Change name by deed poll

Ryan

What are the costs of doing this? I think I’d like to make it official rather than common usage

i can see there’s a €60 stamp duty and the need for a €2 stamped addressed envelope

What are the costs of doing this? I think I’d like to make it official rather than common usage

i can see there’s a €60 stamp duty and the need for a €2 stamped addressed envelope
Hi Ryan, Have you got the deed poll registered? I am looking to get the deed pool registered but it seems the office is closed now.

My wife did this 10 + years ago and during the process we had an unannounced visit from the plain clothes cops!( Much to our surprise ). Seemed to want to know why she was doing it .

Go on, tell us more :cool:
They turned up at the weekend, a Sunday i think, and came in for " a chat" with her . I was upstairs working and overheard bits.

She must have convinced them she was sound as we never heard anything else and it went through.

My wife did this 10 + years ago and during the process we had an unannounced visit from the plain clothes cops!( Much to our surprise ). Seemed to want to know why she was doing it .
I'd have told them to produce a warrant or sling their hook!

Back