ptsb Chance to win a trip to the Olympic or Paralympic Games

Slim

Email from PTSB yesterday offering the opportunity to win tickets, flights, hotel etc to Paris Olympics or Paralympics. I was merrily entering until it required the full 16 digits of my debit card. Entry is linked to making 5 payments of at least €5 within a certain period.

Is this legit? There's no reference to it on their website although a Google search brings up the page. I think it's legit but does anyone here know for sure?

I take that back, the website looks very very legit. I dotn want to link to it buit its easily found by searching

I'm really surprised they are asking for the debit card number,

Seems a bit mad that they're encouraging people to enter such details when the general approach these days is to discourage such behaviour in case of scams.
Maybe the card number alone and without the CVV/expiry date isn't a problem but any move that encourages people to enter such details arguably undermines general security awareness.
(A bit like the way that GDPR has conditioned us all to impatiently and blindly click OK to lots of cookie popups thereby increasing the risk that one of them is actually something nefarious).
If they need to check that you're a debit card customer of theirs then surely it would be better if they required people to log in and enter via their Open24 online banking?

Back