CGT Tax Return

M

mickeyg

Which form is used for submitting a CGT return?
Also when making the submission do I have to attach all of the invoices for the costs I am claiming?

Thanks

Is [broken link removed] of any use? You don't need to include receipts for costs claimed but you should retain them just in case. If the calculations are in any way complicated then it may be a good idea to include your workings (on a separate page if necessary) so that Revenue can see how you arrived at your liability and check that it's correct.

CGT

One further question when submitting a CGT return should I also enclose a cheque based on my calculation of tax payable or wait for a response from the Revenue based on their calculation of what I owe?

Thanx

Re: CGT

Revenue will not bill you - you must unilaterally pay up by the relevant due date mentioned in the link above. Note that assessment and payment due dates may not be the same but there's no harm (other than the opportunity cost) in doing both at the same time.

Hi, anybody any idea if the sale of a second hand boat constitutes a wasting chattel for the purpose of cgt.

Usual rules re wasting chattel - less than 50 years or capital allowances claim. Suggest you look on revenue website and do search on FOI section but would be surprised if a ruling is available.

Back