CGT or Income tax

howareya

I haev a site which i am going to sell. it is zoned res and comm. I tried to get planning on it but failed so i'm letting it go. Will i be charged 20% cgt or 25% on the commercial part of the land? Also am i allowed the expenses for planners and site surveys etc against the CGT calc or do they carry forwad as a loss to be offset against future profits.

I have this land in a company's name.

Can anyone help. Obviously i will be getting prof. advise but would like a heads up first.

Thanks in advance

You need professional advice as the fact that a company owns the property will complicate the tax position on disposal. You may well end up paying CGT AND Income Tax on the proceeds

You need professional advice as the fact that a company owns the property will complicate the tax position on disposal. You may well end up paying CGT AND Income Tax on the proceeds

Agree... in general it is not advisable from a tax perspective to hold property in a company name.

yes i am aware of that advise but at the time i did seek professional advice and it was the best option for me.

thanks for the words of wisdom.