CGT clearance cert to sell PPR

S

stillorgan

An accountant or legal person in AAM might be able to advise on this.

Im helping elderly relatives (married couple) with some admin queries on selling their PPR, being their only property. They are in the taxation system seperately, but one has not been active in the tax system or working for many years, the other just retired.

Do they need 2 x CGT clearance certs in this case( or will the active one suffice) when selling their PPR (above the clearance threashold value) as they are seperate entities from a Revenue point of view, so as to avoid any CGT witholding tax?

Also, is this certificate seperate altogether from the normal tax clearance process which apply in other taxation circumstances?

Any suggestions on this much appreciated. Will be getting professional advice at a later stage when things are in motion, but would like to try and clarify this for the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Whatever names are on deeds will need to be submitted on form CG50 to Revenue with both PPS numbers - if one does not have one, Department of Social Welfare ( as used to be) issues them now. Solicitor will handle all of this. Although might be worth applying for PPS number ( if applicable) now.

Yes - its entirely separate from other taxation clearance situations.

mf

Thanks a lot Mf1 for taking the time to respond.
I think there is an old PPS number there allright, but its been inactive for 10 years at least. I assume thats still ok to use this.

I assume there's no need for the PPS to be active to get this CG50 processed?

As you say, im just trying to have everything in place for down the road when a solicitor will do the rest.

Stillorgan

Back