CGT Calculator

Purple

Has anyone got an up to date CGT calculator?
I am selling a property that was first let in 2000 and want to calculate my CGT liability.

Hi Purple,
do you mean an indexation table? If so you should be aware that you can only get indexation to 31/12/04. It ceased to exist after this date.

Lorraine B said:
Hi Purple,
do you mean an indexation table? If so you should be aware that you can only get indexation to 31/12/04. It ceased to exist after this date.
Lorraine, I know that indexation is gone (thanks Charlie, a true stealth tax) but I still need one for 2000 - 2004 and information on whatever else I can deduct. The CGT key post is out of date.
Thanks for the reply.

Indexation multipliers can be found here on page 37 of Revenue's CGT 1.

We are also selling an investment property at the moment, hoping to close on Friday :), and are using a tax consultant to calcuate the CGT due and submit the return on our behalf. He was recommended by a friend and has provided some good advice in the past - he's based in Dublin, if you want his details, let me know.

He basically said you can deduct all acquistion and selling costs - this includes:

EA fees; Legal Costs; Samp Duty; Surveyor's fees; renovation/structural costs; advertising; architect's fees; personal exemption.

Thanks delgirl. I will PM you.
Does anyone know if acquisition costs are allowable if the property used to be your PPR? I also presume that the date of acquisition is taken to be the date the property was first let. Am I correct?

Here's some more info on calculating CGT due on a property previously used as a PPR from Tommy McGibney on an old AAM thread that might be of use.

Back