Certain Bank very eager to take my money

mo3art

Quick history
I have a current account with a certain bank
There are various standing orders set up for different dates through the month
Last monday, there was one standing order due to come out for €57, and on tuesday, there were two for €75 each. My available balance in the account on monday morning was €64. So I lodged €350 cash to the account to cover the outgoing bills on monday afternoon.
So the bank levied 3 x €12.70 rejected Standing Order fees and declined all 3 standing orders.
I've contacted the bank, who have stated that if the fees were levied in error, I will be refunded but they cannot be held responsible for damage to my credit rating for the non-payment of the €57 to another financial institution!
Just a warning for those of you who might think that you are in the clear with payments, but are actually not with a certain bank - they really make their own rules.

Sorry to hear that, I dont think it applies to a 'certain bank' though, I reckon given the slightest reason to take money or charge you all banks will.

Case in point, I received a charge of 5 Euro for banking charges recently, upto this point my balance allowed me to bank for free, however I dipped below the 500E threshold and wham they start charging me. So, as I like annoying FI's so much I complained bitterly referring them to the balancein my 4 accounts there and a week later my 5 Euro was refunded. I wont let them get away with anything.

he paid in cash though, some institutions can charge and reject based on your balance at 9am which is bad can we be warned ?

It would not be AIB who charge and reject based on the end of day cash balance (either 4.01 pm or 11:59pm ) , me having paid the cc bill cash at the counter at 3.50 pm more than once .

Back