Central Bank's update just published

Absolutely outstanding Op-Ed in the Irish Times today along with hard hitting editorial from Ciaran Hancock. Really, really excellent coverage of the debacle getting to the nub of the issue.

"The only disappointment is that the Central Bank hasn’t named and shamed the lenders in its latest report. Why not?"

Good question!

I'm guessing (not so difficult) the two banks who are being sent to the naughty corner for not doing their home work properly are KBC and BOI but this has not been stated. Is it going to take another two years to get answers regarding affected cohorts in these banks? Padraic has confirmed all the cohorts in KBC and all of these should be immediately reinstated to Tracker.

Why is there a lid being kept on them by the CB

Why is this being shrouded in secrecy?

It's not fair to keep people waiting it is causing more pain and stress to thousands waiting an outcome.

Sounds simple; there are at least 7 cohorts in KBC affected and a few days left in October 2017. I can imagine this is how it will be;

(Mr Lane )"Mr Verbraeken how many cohorts do you think you will to put back on Tracker"

(Mr Verbraeken) " eh let me see, one?"

(Mr Lane) " eh do you not think that's a bit mean"

(Me Verbraeken) " ok then How about two?

(Mr Lane) " grand job" we will go with that !

From Christina Finn - Political Reporter for The Journal on Twitter.

Pascal Donohoe is calling in the heads of the banks on Monday and Tuesday to "admonish" them on their behaviour with the tracker mortgage scandal.

From myself, parent to 3, giving out to the children achieves nothing. In order to prevent further infractions you need to incentivise good behaviour and penalise bad behaviour.

Leo Varadkar getting involved too and willing to give CB additional powers if needed.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...dalous-tracker-mortgage-scandal-36239522.html

CB can't name the banks as its an ongoing investigation and enforcement action may yet be taken - considering the banks have the best legal eagles at their disposal, anything that would affect any action will be out of public domain.

I'd rather not to have names named and ensure that maximum penalties and redress are put on the banks. In any case we can guess the "two".

From Christina Finn - Political Reporter for The Journal on Twitter.

Pascal Donohoe is calling in the heads of the banks on Monday and Tuesday to "admonish" them on their behaviour with the tracker mortgage scandal.

From myself, parent to 3, giving out to the children achieves nothing. In order to prevent further infractions you need to incentivise good behaviour and penalise bad behaviour.
FG have form on calling in the Banks heads
http://www.independent.ie/business/...t-mortgage-interest-rates-again-34729537.html
Michael Noonan says he will call in the heads of all of the main banks to apply pressure to cut mortgage interest rates again, but stood over claims a move to legally force down prices could be unconstitutional.
All about the optics

Where has all media coverage gone? I'm at my wits end with this fiasco
What are ministers/government doing about it?
Can someone post email address for pascal Donohoe

Back