Cars being parked in our estate

dodo

There is a car lot close to our esate, the owner is starting to park some of the cars in our estate during business hours. Is this legal .

you can park cars on any street, you might own your house but the pavement outside and street is not yours - if a guy wants to park there he can.

You cannot use the public street in this way for commercial reasons. Call the Gardai and ask to speak to your local community liaison officer.

Why not make contact with the local authority regarding unauthorised parking- I'm sure they'll be very interested in someone deriving an income from parking vehicles on a public street?

If the cars have up to date tax and insurance discs there's probably nothing you can do about it. Maybe if you asked him nicely though?

Well if this guy is charging people to ave their cars parked there I'm sure you cna do something about it. Otherwise, I don't think you can.

If the cars have up to date tax and insurance discs there's probably nothing you can do about it.
Tax is the key issue. If a cars do not display a current tax disc then he is not entitled to park it in the estate.

Tax is the key issue. If a cars do not display a current tax disc then he is not entitled to park it in the estate.
That depends on if the estate is under council control. If it is a private under a management company then cars don't need tax.

Back