Carrig Court, Poppintree Neighbourhood Centre, Dublin 11

muffin1973

A friend is considering buying one of these apartments but doesn't really know the area - anyone got any opinions on it??

thanks

Poppintree is an area in Ballymun. I'm aware of several occasions when Dublin Bus have had to stop services to the area because of attacks on buses and drivers.

On the plus side, it's close to the city centre and a short commute and the area is well served by a frequent bus service (subject to note above). The area has recently been rejuvenated and the new houses and apartments look great and are quite large.

I personally would not live there but a i do have a number of family members who live in the area, and they love the community spirit and the good friends they have made over the years.

HTH

(this is only my opinion, apart from the top para which is fact)

I would agree that Ballymun would not be my choice but it is changing, by how much who knows. Over the years this area was always on the verge of being turned around, but unfortunately it never really did. There are certain parts that are no go, but those are few. On the plus side, it is a short distance to the City, DCU, M50, Blanch SC, Airport and mixed areas like Phibsboro, Glasnevin, Finglas.

As far as I know there is Section 23 relief also on new developments, which are on the main street, like anywhere else is it going to change? Who knows? But I personally would not take the risk.

Back