car valuations

• Thread starter ISTHISALOOPE
  • Start date
I

ISTHISALOOPE

Does anyone know where you can get a car valuation in Ireland, I dont have access to the blue book the car sales people have. Also how is a valuation established by a garage, do they look up that book, see a value and thats it roughly. So lets say you bought a car with lost of extras, how do they take them into account.
I heard a rule of thumb is 20% devaluation first year with 10% therafter.
So if you bought a €60k bmw 5 series you could loose €12k first year leaving you with a car worth €48k, now thats a crap investment, so maybe we should all get out of the 06 plate mentality.

Any new car will loose lots of it's value in the early years.

The new mini holds value better than almost anything else.

Extras count for very little tbh. Officially they are written down in value over 4 years. In reality they will help sell a car over a less well specced rival, but seldom boost values.

Hi i am looking for info on an accessors report.I was recently involved in a car accident and the insurance will not write off my car so i am just wondering if they will give me the cash value 5000e for the accidental damage instead of fixing my car? i would appreciate any advice as soon as possible
thaks

They won't. If it's not a write off it must be repairable economically.

But you could take the 5000 and not repair the car but sell it on and put that money towards the cost of a new car.

Back