Car parking

Buy Buy Buy

Hi all,
Am about to sign contracts and was wondering could anyone advise me on car parking. I have the option to increase my management fees by €150-200 and choose underground else stick with overground and the basic €1500 per year. We will be pretty strapped for cash and was wondering would it be a good investment?? I bought in carrington (santry) and plan to live there for at least 7 yrs!!.....................p.s. i have a car!!

Imagine a day that its raining. You have a car full of shopping. You have no coat. That extra 100-150 won't seem too much then.

you have to balance that against the arguement that if someone gave you 100 yo-yos would you stand out in the rain for a minute!

you will find that once you move in many basement surface owners will often be too lazy to use their space and they will end up robbing yours if on the surface anyway.

If its only a 100 e in the difference per year on fees then Id take it.
You surely would expect to pay more for a UG space also so to get it for same purchase price seems good to me.

Whats your car worth? also winter is harsh on cars, also if its a banger much more chance of not starting on a cold icy ,orning on surface.

Last advantage, no 10mins scraping ice from the basement on same mornings.

Would definitely go underground for security and it is possible that it would reduce your insurance. Was going through that general area last night and a taxi driver commented that a friend of his had had problems with his car being broken into there..(Appreciate that it happens everywhere but that extra security might be a help for you)

Back