Motor Car insurance

Lizard

I have decided not to renew my car insurance, which is due next Monday, 21 February 2011. I cant afford to run a car anymore and it keeps breaking down. I have already paid motor tax, last month, for the coming year. My question is, can I get insurance and/or tax back? A friend told me I could get last year's insurance back, as long as I hadn't made any claims (which I haven't).

No you can't get last years insurance back.

Don't know about tax.

My question is, can I get insurance and/or tax back? A friend told me I could get last year's insurance back, as long as I hadn't made any claims (which I haven't).

Your friend is very much mistaken, sure we would all be at it, if that were the case. I mean they covered you for the year and just because you didn't claim you want your money back??

I can see it now...."Dear Aviva, can you please return my premium for the last year as I was a very good driver and did not make even the teeniest claim........."

Some insurance companies will return part of the monies paid for"unused" time, and AFAIK you can claim back future unused road tax as well.

Sorry, just noticed the date of the original post.

Last edited:
Back