Car insurance no claims bonus

Finola

My 83 year old mother got her car insurance thru a broker. He is no longer an agent of the insurance company. Her insurance expired but he did not provide her with a renewal notice or no claims cert. We cannot obtain this from the ins Co as they say my mother is a customer of the broker. Who should provide the no claims cert, is it the ins Co or the ins broker?

I don't think much of the attitudes of the insurer or the broker.

Lets start with the broker. A brokers job is to come up with a competitive quote for his client's insurance needs come renewal time. The company is irrelevant as brokers usually, unless they are tied brokers, represent a number of insurers and get can get quotes from them all.

The insurers owe their client, your mother, a renewal notice including her NCB, a significant time, I think it's 15 days, before her renewal lapses, to allow her to get quotes from other insurers.

I'd contact the insurer saying the broker no longer sells their car insurance product and demand the NCB certificate immediately.

I'd also contact the broker and telll them to instruct the insurer to issue the NCB to them for forwarding to you.

If it's possible, ask your mother to attend each place in person and demand to speak to whoever is in charge.

I don't think much of the attitudes of the insurer or the broker.

Lets start with the broker. A brokers job is to come up with a competitive quote for his client's insurance needs come renewal time. The company is irrelevant as brokers usually, unless they are tied brokers, represent a number of insurers and get can get quotes from them all.

The insurers owe their client, your mother, a renewal notice including her NCB, a significant time, I think it's 15 days, before her renewal lapses, to allow her to get quotes from other insurers.

I'd contact the insurer saying the broker no longer sells their car insurance product and demand the NCB certificate immediately.

I'd also contact the broker and telll them to instruct the insurer to issue the NCB to them for forwarding to you.

If it's possible, ask your mother to attend each place in person and demand to speak to whoever is in charge.
Thank you for the reply. We will try the broker again as the insurance cannot provide us with any information and have told us we need to sort it out with the broker.

u forhe reply. We will try the broker again as the insurance cannot provide us with any information and have told us we need to sort it out with the broker.
worst case scenario - put in a data access request to the insurance company. They have to provide anything they have on file.

Back