Car Insurance AIB vs Allianzdirect

pahadia

I am getting almost same figure from AIB online and allianzdirect for car insurance. I am wondering which one to choose and which one may have advantage over other. I mean should it make any difference to me if one is strong player in business (insurance) ?

AIB's insurance is underwritten by Hibernian so there wouldnt any difference really except in the small print. Tho considering AIB allow a 20% discount for no penalty points, in the event you got two you would probably lose 10% of this, like Hibenians policy so Allianz would be the better way to go on the off chance you feel the need for speed and the police feel the need to catch you!

Are both the exact same cover, so both have the same add ons like bonus protection/windscreen cover/breakdown assistance etc?
What is the excess on both?
If there is step back bonus protection on it bear in mind Hibernians bonus goes from 50% to 20% regardless of claim amount where Allianz will step back your bonus from 50% to 20% for a claim up to €10k and from 50% to 10% for claims greater than 10k.

For full bonus protection Allianz website says "Protected No Claims Bonus - In any 3 year period you may incur two claims not costing more than €10,000 and/or one theft claim amount unlimited without prejudice to your No Claims Bonus entitlement.

Or

Any two claims costing or estimated to cost not more than €10,000 in total, without prejudice to your No Claims Bonus entitlement"

Hibernian give full bonus protection covers you for two unlimited claims in any consecutive 3 year period. If you have more than 2 claims in 3 years your bonus will then be stepped back. Hibernian and Allianz do not affect your bonus for a fire or theft claim.

Based on those details (as a broker) i would recommend Hibernian to a client as both include windscreen cover, breakdown, personal effects etc but Hibernians bonus protection is better.

Back