Car Insurance after an accident

BaileyMc

Hi,

Hoping that someone would be kind enough to give me some information/advice.

Basically I had an accident a few months ago. There was nobody else involved thank god. Bad road conditions, lost the car on a corner and did a fair bit of damage. Ended up claiming through the insurance as it was going to cost alot to fix.

I had only one years no claims as I had just been driving 15 months at the time. I have my full licence.

So my questions after all that! How much should I expect my insurance to go up by? Also how long do I have to continue to inform any insurance company about the accident?

Many thanks in advance!

My daughter had accident ( driving only 8 mths provisional licence.) Claim cost insurance company 35,000 euro.

Her 1st premium was 1550 euro.

Her 2nd premium was 1350 euro . I could not figure out why her premium was less after such a claim.

So with full licence , i dont think you should worry . Your next premium may not increase as much as you may think .

This is just my own opinion.

Thanks for that. My claim wasn't anything near that! About €6,000. So maybe it won't be as bad as I thought. I'll be 25 just before I renew the policy too so hopefully that may help.

If anyone else has any experience of something like this I'd appreciate your comments!

Thanks

as you will go from a premium based on 1 years NCB (usually around10% discount) to a renewal premium with zero NCB I would confidently expect your premium to go up by at least 10%

Back