Car hit twice by bins being pulled into bin area

Cat

Hi, just wanted a bit of advice as to what i can do next - Car is parked in the underground carpark of my residential apt block, space is outside bin area and maintenance people pull the bins from other bin areas into main area for collection passing my passenger side on their way in to bin area. My car has been knocked and damaged twice but management company have told me they are not admitting liability. Should I go through my insurance to get this damage sorted or can I go after management company for this damage - any ideas?

I know that the bin areas in the complex where I work and sometimes park are well segregated from adjoining parking spaces. Write a letter to the management company and suggest that they have a "duty of care to prevent damage to your vehicle from bins being manouvred in the designated areas"- if they fail to take implement appropriate measures to prevent further damage you should have a clear case for damages against the company. Send the letter by registered post and demand a response from the company within a reasonable timeframe- 15 working days at most.

Back