Motor Car damage - independent assessor?

Thanks peteb, I really wasn't clear on that point. The incident, in relation to who I should claim from, is still unclear to me as the accident was complicated (see earlier posts and photo of scene)

Do I claim from my own insurance, do I claim on the third party insurance of the stolen car (as peteb mentions) and do I also claim from the additional out of pocket expenses (devaluation of the new car, car rental in excess of the 5 days my insurance company will pay) from the MIBI as Ravima indicated.

All of the responses in this Forum have helped me greatly. I'd really appreciate this final steer.

Claim from your own insurance and make sure they chase the MIBI/ the other car owner.

Make sure they do not touch your NCB.

Agree with PeteB.

Insurer of the silver car might be able to avoid paying out under Own Damage part of the policy, but they cannot avoid paying any TP claim under RTA or obligations to MIBI.

If owner left keys in the car and the ignition running, then it is likely that s/he will be held at least 1% negligent, meaning that his/her insurers will be forced to deal with your claim.

Contact MIBI immediately by phone. They will send you a form, or you can download it. get the thing moving asap. They are helpful if you phone them!

Back