car crush

P

puredrums

This past June 24, 2008 I was involved in a car accident, which I am not at fault and this can be verified with the police report. According with the insurance company, of the person who hit my car, it declared that my car a total loss due that the cost of repairs will cost more that $5000.00 and also they want to pay only $600 for it. This car is my only means of transportation for my family and without it does affect my means to get to my job. I went ahead and got a couple of estimates and both agree that the total cost of repairs will be $2000.00 or less. My inquiry is about what can i do next? Should i go to court? I would really appreciate your help and counsel on this unfair treatment.

Thank you in advance,

Did you sign an acceptance letter confirming you would accept what the company would offer? Who offered you this amount, your insurance company or the third parties (the person you had the accident with) insurance company? There are remedies but you need to post as much details as possible about the claim.

The cost of the repairs is irrelevant without the pre-accident value of the car. Obviously if the PAV is €3,000 and repairs are €5,000 they are not going to be repairing the car.
Do you know the value of the car? Did you claim off your own comprehensive policy? Im thinking no but it may give you a little more recourse. That said as its not your policy and you are not at fault, you arent obliged to accept the insurers settlement. You could always pursue the matter through a solicitor. But the above questions may affect the way things are handled.

This past June 24, 2008 I was involved in a car accident, which I am not at fault and this can be verified with the police report. According with the insurance company, of the person who hit my car, it declared that my car a total loss due that the cost of repairs will cost more that $5000.00 and also they want to pay only $600 for it. This car is my only means of transportation for my family and without it does affect my means to get to my job. I went ahead and got a couple of estimates and both agree that the total cost of repairs will be $2000.00 or less. My inquiry is about what can i do next? Should i go to court? I would really appreciate your help and counsel on this unfair treatment.

Thank you in advance,

Hi
Are you based in Ireland?

If not you are unlikely to get meaningful replies here as this is an Irish site.

i didn't sign any letter, the insurance company of the person who crushed me offer that amount, my car before the day of the accident cost 2,200 according to the kelly blue book. Should i have to accept the 600$???

Kelley Blue Book? So this is an American matter which means none of the above applies! Completely different system! Suggest you ask some of your fellow country people!

Back