Car Accident-need advice on insurance premium

vue11

I had a small accident a few weeks ago-my fault technically
(althought I blame Dublin Council for their lousy road markings in the liberties). Ran into another car in the yellow box as he was turning right, my car is fine but his bumber and lights are shot. Its my first year of driving, and I am with Quinn Direct. I passed my driving test just before the accident. My insurance is due for renewal at the end of this month. My question is: is it true that there will be "loading" on my insurnace for only one year? (read it in a post here) and I am I allowed to change insurers? My premium originally was €860 on a provisional (31-female). His car was a 97 Almera-thankfully no executive car! Cheers for any feedback

No , most people say you are paying for a claim for 5 years...

what will it cost to pay for the damage yourself ?

If you claimed from Quinn then you would have lost your No Claims Bonus. Depending on what bonus you had you can expect your premium to go up roughly 10% for each years NCB you lost on last years premium.
Most insurers want you to be claims free for 3 years or more. There are some exceptions such as St. Pauls, Wrightway (XS Direct), ARB or AON. Wait to get your renewal notice and head to a broker who uses the above and see who quotes.
You will only pay for a claim for 5 years if you have a 5 year No Claims Bonus as it takes 5 years to build back up your 50% discount, 1 year = 10 %.

Hi vue11, I work for QDI - all of these questions should have been addressed by the person that handled your claim. Can you not give them a ring?

Yes, I know, but when I was talking to the claims person, she was very short and I got the impression that it was a done deal and not to probe further. I will call them today to discuss further. Cheers

If you claimed from Quinn then you would have lost your No Claims Bonus. Depending on what bonus you had you can expect your premium to go up roughly 10% for each years NCB you lost on last years premium.
Most insurers want you to be claims free for 3 years or more. There are some exceptions such as St. Pauls, Wrightway (XS Direct), ARB or AON. Wait to get your renewal notice and head to a broker who uses the above and see who quotes.
You will only pay for a claim for 5 years if you have a 5 year No Claims Bonus as it takes 5 years to build back up your 50% discount, 1 year = 10 %.
thank you for the feedback. I had not much of a no claims bonus to lose anyhow as it was my first year of insurance! I guess I've lost 10% bonus so.

Most insurers want you to be claims free for 3 years or more.

Correction. Accident and Claims Free for at least 3 years. This means most of the other main insurers won’t quote her due to her at fault accident, regardless of whether she makes a claim or not. (She may find a small niche insurer to quote her).

thank you for the feedback. I had not much of a no claims bonus to lose anyhow as it was my first year of insurance! I guess I've lost 10% bonus so.

How did you get on with your claim as I currently have one in with qd and wondering how long things take as a lot of people say they are a ngithmare to deal with.

Back