Car Accessory for carrying Bikes

M

mickeyg

Can anyone recommend where I might get one of these accessories which attache to the back of a car for carrying bikes. What kind of cost should I expect? How many bikes do they carry??

m

Look at the car manufacurers website. eg. Ford.ie or audi.ie or whatever and look at the accessories section. This will ensure that you will get one custom fit for your car. Might be a bit more expensive, but worth it if you intend to use it quite a bit.

Most bike shops have them, for 2/3 bikes. No need for a special one of your car, usually (which is likely to be much more expensive). Be aware that you will need a spare number plate if your bikes obscure it.
cheers,
Diziet

Accessory

Diz, do they clip on rather than are permanently attached?

m

Bicycle Carriers

They have them in the Argos catalogue for about 60.00 euro which will fit most makes of cars.

Happy Cycling !!

Re: Bicycle Carriers

I saw these on special offer in Aldi a few weeks back. If you're down the country, there were still a few left in Longford Aldi last Friday. Think they were about 30euro - could be worth investigating. BTW, there were also other bits of cycling kit; jackets, gillets, gloves, that kinda thing.

Rebecca

I have one and never used it will sell for €50
Attaches to back of car.

mail me if interested.

Back