Capital Gains Tax

Jimmy Bond

As I cannot find the relevant information on the Revenue website, does anyone know what is the Indexation multiplier for shares purchased in 1998 and disposed of during early 2006 (For the purpose of CGT calculation)? Is there a table available from revenue

See here:

[broken link removed]

Note that no indexation relief after 2003 is allowed. This was a change in the budget a few years back.

Dear ClubMan,

Thanks for that, it really helps. Also do you know if there is a CG1 Form available for 2006? Again, I could not find it on the revenue website. The most recent that I could find was for 2005.

In my experience you don't necessarily need the form for a specific year. If you can't find one for the current year then use the latest available and just write in the year to which the return applies.

CG1 form for 2006 won't be on Revenue website yet as its not due for return until 31/10/2007. CG1 form for 2005 is due for return by 31st October next

Are you sure? I thought that CGT on disposals between 1 January 2006 and 30 September 2006 are due by latest 31 October 2006. Is there not a Form CG1 - Capital gains Tax return 2006 available for this?

Are you sure? I thought that CGT on disposals between 1 January 2006 and 30 September 2006 are due by latest 31 October 2006. Is there not a Form CG1 - Capital gains Tax return 2006 available for this?
That's exactly what my tax consultant just told me - we sold a property in July 2006 and have to make the return before 31st October 2006.

[broken link removed]
Payment dates for disposals on or after 1/1/2003 are as follows:

a) If the disposal was made on or before 30 September in the tax year the tax is due on 31 October in that tax year
b) If the disposal is made from 1 October to 31 December in the tax year the tax is due on 31 January in the following year

It is only the tax payment that is due, the actual return is not due until 31 October 2006 so you don't need a return form yet, just the payslip [broken link removed]

Payment and payslip due by 31st October 2006. CG1 due 2007. The relevant CG1 form has not been printed yet but the payslip and a comprehensive guide can be sent to you. I just received mine in the post after requesting information from the tax office by phone.

Back