Can't make up my mind on Trading Up

Many different aspects to "worry" about ....
The core issue for me would be the fact that the new house becomes the home that both of you really want.I think the home side of it is so much more important than the money side (For the right "home" one always seems to have to go above and beyond moneywise to secure.) If it is where you both can see yourselves living for the next 10 to 20 years then it's "the Home" so then go for it.I would give more weight to your partners view on is it the "home".As someone pointed out circumstances do change. Reading all the earlier posts it looks like the money side is "doable" so work out why you can't make up your mind...

Sorry if this is waffle..

Exactly Martinslan. I currently own a house but am looking for a home. i feel this is it. I'm going to go for it.

Congrats on the decision Priory....I traded up a few years ago to a home that we both liked this increased the commute for both of us by about and hour a day more or less. We really feel that this is the place we want to bring up the kids.The area has a lot of potential with lots of ammenities and the infrastructure will improve over time. Quality time with the little fella at weekends in the parks etc that was not practical in our previous location.

And an extra half hour in the evening in the car is almost enjoyable when your singing Christmas Carols :D

Best wishes for the future.

Congrats on the decision Priory....I traded up a few years ago to a home that we both liked this increased the commute for both of us by about and hour a day more or less. We really feel that this is the place we want to bring up the kids.The area has a lot of potential with lots of ammenities and the infrastructure will improve over time. Quality time with the little fella at weekends in the parks etc that was not practical in our previous location.

And an extra half hour in the evening in the car is almost enjoyable when your singing Christmas Carols :D

Best wishes for the future.

Thanks, TheBlock. I'll report back on how it goes. Have a house to sell first and there is so much that can go wrong where one house is involved - never mind two!!

Back