Canon PIXMA Printer has stopped working

Julius

I installed a new Canon TS8152 printer a couple of months ago. It's been working fine until now. The problem started when I tried to print a free ticket offer from the Ideal Homes website. It didn't print. I then tried to print off a Word document and it didn't print. Nothing will print but they all appear in the print queue.
I'm going to download the manual and start reading but it would be great if anyone out there has any suggestions.

Hi Julius

I have a different PIXMA model to you, but it too gets a bit stroppy from time to time. This is sometimes prompted by a Windows update, which can cause device driver issues. My usual remedy, which more often than not does the trick, is to completely uninstall the printer and its driver then do a clean reinstall. For the reinstall, I usually ignore the supplied disk and go to the Canon support site for the install software, which provides the latest drivers. A couple of "how to's" in links below for printer/driver removal if you are unsure. (These for Windows 10). Good luck.

Paul

I sorted it out. Last week I installed a new modem from Virgin. The printer had worked after the installation of the new modem so I didn't think that this was the problem. However, I've now redone the LAN setup and reset the printer to the new LAN password and it's working fine now. Thanks for quick reply PM9999.

Last edited:
Back