Cannot find my aunt's will

Nickeld

I have been calling locally to try and find the second will of my aunt. She made a first will some years back and the solicitor of the first will was called up by the solicitor of the second will but will not give me that solicitors name.

The name of the second solicitor is what he wants from the first solicitor, not the will or do I need to read it again too :)

I have been calling locally to try and find the second will of my aunt. She made a first will some years back and the solicitor of the first will was called up by the solicitor of the second will but will not give me that solicitors name.
Has the solicitor got the the second will? If the second will doesnt surface then surely the first will stands as the only will.

So you know the solicitor of the second will called up the solicitor of the first will,isn't it the second will thats important here and you seem to know the solicitor that did up the second will which should be valid,the solicitor of first will is irrelevant now

I read it the other way around, the solicitor who made the first will got a call from the solicitor making the second will and the OP knows the first solicitor but that one won't give him the name of the solicitor he got a call from when the second will was being made so the location of the second will is not known to OP.

This is getting more like a tongue twister of some sort, OP come back and explain it better, if it even matters at this stage :)

I read it the other way around, the solicitor who made the first will got a call from the solicitor making the second will and the OP knows the first solicitor but that one won't give him the name of the solicitor he got a call from when the second will was being made so the location of the second will is not known to OP.

This is getting more like a tongue twister of some sort, OP come back and explain it better, if it even matters at this stage :)

The grammatically correct way of reading the OP is exactly as you've set out - I'm actually baffled that anyone could manage to read it any other way, since he wouldn't be posting here unless that was what he meant.

His question, albeit not explicitly asked, is he wants guidance as to what exactly can he do, e.g. is the solicitor of the first will not obliged to provide the estate with the details of this other solicitor since he has quite clear indications that the will he drafted isn't the final one?

I don't know the answer, but even if there's no legal onus, I'd have thought the Law Society would have this scenario covered in their code of ethics or similar...

You can put a call out in the legal newsletter that goes out to all law firms to ask if any solicitors have a will for the deceased. If the first solicitor does know of a solicitor who wrote up a second will then they should pass the name on. I did such a search for to confirm this (or rather my solicitor did and it was they who had recommended this course of action).

Back