Irish Life Health Cancelling Aviva Level 2 Hospital and renew again with Business Plan

MidlandsBase

Hello,
I was wondering if people could give me advice on the following. I have heard that Aviva are increasing their health insurance premiums from 1st March. I am therefore planning to cancel my current health insurance policy, Level 2 Hospital, before then (in writing) and then join the Business Plan policy. As a 'new' customer do I therefore avoid the % increase? Any anyone done this recently this with Aviva?

if you're paying a private rate, then all you need to do is ring up and be asked to be transferred to the equivalent corporate policy, they are obliged by law to allow you to do this. Note however, that their corp plans are also going up

Hi mpsox. I can transfer over online but my point was to become a 'new' customer before the 1st March. If I just transfer over I will be still an existing customer anyway. In relation to corp plans going up I thought that related, for the moment, to VHI? Anyway, again if they are going up getting in as a 'new' customer before March 1st would give me 12 months at the current rate?

You just need to phone them, ask to cancel your current plan and take out a new plan at the current corporate rate. Your new policy has a start date of today (or whenever you ring them) and doesn't renew until 12 months later, at whatever the rate is then. You can do it all in one phone call - I've done it several times in the past few years. If you have children remember to check if any of their plans have free cover for children, they don't have to be on the same plan as you and their free offers change frequently - they won't mention it if you don't ask.

Back