Irish Life Health Cancelling an aviva policy....?

Dinarius

This is from their website...

"The contract relating to your membership of your Aviva policy is for the duration of the policy year as specified on your membership certificate. Your policy may be cancelled by you (or, where circumstances permit, by a group scheme sponsor) upon the provision to us of notice in writing.
If you cancel your policy prior to the end of the policy year, we will not pay any claims made in respect of the period following the date of cancellation and we will seek to recover from you the losses and expenses incurred by Aviva as a result of your cancellation in the form of a cancellation charge."

Having discovered how useless their Nurses and Teachers policy is, from an outpatients point of view - it is simply flushing money down the drain - I want to cancel and switch.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this with them?

What is the typical cancellation fee? (hardly something to tempt me to stick with them, is it?)

Many thanks.

You can switch to another Aviva plan without paying a fee, to cancel mid term I think the penalty is a pro rata charge of the levy and an admin fee

Back