Can you get a sink waste disposal unit in Dublin?

T

Toby

Has anyone any insight into the use of these in Dublin? Are they available and are they worthwhile? With rubbish bin weighing coming in it might help reduce the amount going out although I'm considering getting one of those fancy composting things out the back that can take cooked food as well as raw. Thanks for any info you have.

Toby if it’s any help I have come across these units over the last 30 something years and I wouldn’t think they are worth the trouble.
It has been my experience that they basically can take only mash potatoes and vegetables, they are easily put out of action and cause great difficulty when the kitchen is upset?
They are damaged by bones, cutlery, coins and dishcloths falling in or failing to run the water when switched on.
They are useful in commercial kitchens where regulations forbid storing waste food but they require regular attention. I hope this is of help.

Thanks, my American partner is intent on having one as they're more common over there but I'm a bit wary myself. Any more opinions on them?

Back