Can you avoid Brokers for monthly ETFs setup?

whiz

Hi Guys,

I want to set up a monthly standing order to buy ETFs. I did some research and I was interested in ETFs that Aviva and Friends First offered, which would allow investment via standing order . However when I contacted both firms, both them said I must go through a broker which will incur costs.
My question is there any firm that I can set up monthly ETF with and avoid a broker in the setup ?

Any response appreciated

Aviva do offer ETFs,. But my question still stands is there any firm that I can set up monthly ETF with and avoid a broker in the setup ?

Forgive my ignorance; can you not just set up an account with DeGiro and purchase unit on a monthly basis?

Whether you go through DeGiro or Friends First, they’re both intermediaries of a kind.

You can't setup standing order or DD in Degiro, thus you need to remember each month to buy ETFs...Which is hassle

Whiz....
You don’t set up the standing order with Degiro you set up the standing order with your bank simply instructing them to send X euros worth of cash every month to DEGIRO. From there it is extremely easy and quick to purchase a share using the DEGIRO platform.

Just bear in mind that most of those products from life companies, even where it's invested in a listed security, attract a government levy, so you're 1% down straight away before fees.

Back