can i let un assistance sit for 2 weeks.

lorr01

hi,
just want to enquire for a mate. they going away for 2 weeks and they usually pick up there unemployment assistance in post office every week. what will happen to it if it is not collected in the 2 weeks wile they are away.

thank you

This thread might also be of interest:

Can I let my dole sit for a week ?

Surely they need to inform SW that they are going away? See here. If they are going on holidays then the following may be relevant:
Absence from the State

A person shall be disqualified from receiving JA while s/he is resident, whether temporarily or permanently, outside the State.
There are two exceptions to this disqualification :

Holidays Abroad

(a) A person may receive JA for 2 weeks holidays (i.e. 12 days excluding Sundays) in any calendar year. These holidays may be taken abroad.
S/he is required to inform the Local Office 2 weeks in advance of his/her departure and to complete the form JB 74. All holiday payments should be made retrospectively, upon confirmation of the position when the person signs on again (on the next normal signing day after his/her return). If a person goes on holiday for longer than 2 weeks, s/he may be paid in respect of the first two weeks, but should be disqualified for any period abroad in excess of this.

Hi I have a similiar question but in relation to one parent family. Friend has been sick in hospital and did not collect her payment in the post office last friday. Can she get it plus this weeks next week? have tried ringing local office but noone answered....

One parent Family does last in the Post Office longer than Jobseekers (3 days). One Parent Family will be there for 5 days after the pay day. Your friend will only get 2 weeks next week if she goes, she should call to her local office as soon as she can about the payment she missed.

thanks a mill for getting bcak to me. what would the story be with diability cheque that are isued to my houe wile im away. how long do i have to cah them.

Your illness benefit cheque is just like any other cheque, and can be presented up to 6 months from the date of issue.

Back