can I get one parent allowance before the baby is born?

P

paddy 2222

hi im 23 male living with my parent i have a baby on the way in November with a girl im no longer with..im currently get jobseeks allowance can i get rent allowance cause my parents want me to move out before the baby comes and i want to get out too cause all we do is argue and its getting really bad now thanks for any help im really great full.

One Parent Family Payment can only be paid after the baby is born, and it is generally paid to the parent who the child lives with.

Information on qualifying for Rent Supplement can be found here:

[broken link removed]

Yes you can get rent allowance before the baby is born, if you qualify

You asked about one-parent allowance

is the child going to be living with you? if not then your not entilted to one parent family allowance.
if you want to apply for rent allowance you need to be privatly renting for 6 months before you can get anything. if the child is not going to be living with you then you may only be entilted to rent allowance for a room only unless you can prove that you will be having the child over nights on a regular basis and need a 2 bed place, but many single fathers have found it difficult to be awarded this. when recieving rent allowance you still need to pay a portion of rent (€24 a week in my area!)

your best option may be to try and stay at home untill you find work and can afford to rent a place as you will also have to pay your ex child maintenance to support your child. it dosent matter if your working or not.

thanks for the help everyone really great full.

Back