Other Can I claim for Relief from Med 1 with Revenue For Glas

dodo

Just wondering can I claim Tax Relief for Contact Lense's & Precribed Glasses .

Cheers

Alas no.
[broken link removed]

Expenses that do not qualify
s The cost of sight testing and the provision and maintenance of spectacles and contact lenses.
s Routine dental treatment which is defined as ‘the extraction, scaling and filling of teeth and the provision and repair of artificial teeth and dentures’. s Cosmetic surgery unless the surgery or procedure is necessary as a result of a physical deformity

If you have a private medical insurance policy check its benefits, you might be able to claim e.g. some LAYA policies refund 50% up to max of €150.

If you have sufficient PRSI contributions you can get a free eye test and free basic glasses or a €42 contribution to more expensive frames.

https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Treatment-Benefit1.aspx

Sorry to resurrect an old thread - this page mentions that you can get the €42 contribution for spectacles and certainly that's the case when you order in Ireland. Does anyone know if it's possible to claim this expense if I order prescription glasses on the internet, rather than in-store in Ireland. Thanks

Sorry to resurrect an old thread - this page mentions that you can get the €42 contribution for spectacles and certainly that's the case when you order in Ireland. Does anyone know if it's possible to claim this expense if I order prescription glasses on the internet, rather than in-store in Ireland. Thanks

“Optical Benefit

The Treatment Benefit Scheme entitles you to a free eyesight test once every second calendar year. But, sight tests for visual display units like computer screens, driving licences and so on are not covered.
Once every second calendar year, you can get a payment towards one pair of:
  • reading and distance spectacles
  • bifocal or varifocals
  • contact lenses (including disposables)
Basic frames are free. If you choose more expensive frames, the department will pay €42 towards the overall cost and you pay the balance. Only opticians, optometrists or ophthalmologists who have a contract with the department can provide the treatment. Please check with your treatment provider.

Taken from here:https://www.gov.ie/en/service/1fb65...w.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Treatment-Benefit1.aspx

Back