Can anyone recommend a good accountant?

Apollo

Hi all,

As the title suggests I'm looking for a good accountant that in your view is good value for money.

I'm only at the early stages of setting up my business and I guess I don't to get hammered on fees for advice that may be quite poor - something I've noticed a lot of posters on this site complaining about.

As I'm based in Dublin 12 I'd ideally like to meet someone the southside of the grand canal or the georgian area of the city to avoid city centre traffic but I'm open to any suggestion.

Thanks

Your best bet is a recommendation from a friend, family member or colleague. Don't place too much weight on geography - the days of having to visit an accountant to get business done is fast becoming a thing of the past.

I'd second the point about geography. I've moved a few times in the last few years but I have a very good accountant and I've stuck with him- we only need to talk by phone and I post whatever he needs to him, mainly.

On that point, though he's too modest to say, I hear Mr.McGibney is a pretty good accountant himself.;)

Cheers for the feedback folks..sure I'll ask around and see who gets recommended

Back