Camping

H

Henny Penny

We are thinking about going camping (first time since girl guides) ... as an adventure. We don't own any camping equipment and were wondering where to start. Is it possible to rent tents? What else will we need? I'd like to try before I buy ... no point having a tent that we will only use once. Any recommendations for suitable locations ... 2 adults + 2 small children.
Thanks

Try doing a 'dry run' first in campsite close to home for a night or two. It gives you a good of idea of what you will need if you are planning to do it for longer.

Henny I have a five man ( sorry person )tent that you can borrow if you want. Where do you live? If you want you can send me a p-mail.

Tent

Many thanks for the kind offer Leatherarse ... it's very generous of you. I think we will take the plunge and buy a cheapish tent ... the children can always use it as a playhouse in the summer ... if the maggots get too much for us!

Re: Tent

No problem Henny. The offer is always there if you want it
Argos have some tents in their catalogue also you can try O Meara camping.
This site :www.camping-ireland.ie could be of great use to you.

Camping is a nice hobby and reasonable. There are many camp sites around the country these days mostly registered with Fáilte Ireland. They also have a book available Camping & Caravan guide available at all tourist offices. One little piece of advice Henny, buy a self inflating air bed, and you will have an even more enjoyable time.There is nothing worse than trying to inflate an airbed yourself. If you want get a double one and it will do as a spare bed on those sleep-over occasions. :)

Back